No new nominations will be accepted.
I am Abel, CTO and I am looking for a Head of Engineering to lead our Software Engineering team.
Are you interested?
Who are we?
We are Zapiens.ai, a
startup company that has been building a knowledge operating system for 4 years.
If this knowledge management stuff sounds weird to you… Don’t worry, it’s simple: our mission is to ease knowledge transfer and make it accessible to anyone within an organization. 🙂
As to how, in this video we explain and show you our product so that you can familiarize yourself with it.
In these 4 years we have been mainly focused on the corporate world, where we are lucky enough to work with big companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, L’Oréal…
Now, we also want to be able to reach SMEs and combine both models, for which we are building our SaaS model.
How we work?
We believe that the happier we are, the greater the efficiency.
That’s why we are full remote, so that every person on the team can live wherever they want and wherever they are happy – just one requirement: good Internet connection!
In addition, we have these principles:
- Work is commitment but also balance with personal life, that’s why we bet on schedule flexibility.
- Collaboration culture is essential and without it we would be nothing.
- If it’s not fun, it’s not sustainable. Have fun and enjoy what you do!
What are we looking for?
We’re getting serious now…
As you know, we’re searching a Head of Engineering.
What are the “must haves” of the job?
- Proven experience as a Technical Lead.
- Good communication skills and team player attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering (including design, develop, debug, test, deploy, monitor…).
- Ability to write and review code applying and assuring good practices.
- Comprehensive understanding and dominion of Agile Software Development Lifecycles.
- Experience with DevOps practices and working with multiple cloud infrastructure providers, including AWS y Azure.
- Solid experience building cloud based large-scale applications.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Team performance/evaluation reporting capabilities.
- Speaks English.
What are the “nice to haves”?
If you accomplish everything – or almost everything – we will fall in love with you 💜
- Experience designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining microservices.
- Experience/Interest in NLP and Big Data.
- Speaks Spanish (or wants to learn).
What will you do if you join the tribe?
You will be acting as a key player as part of our product team, in charge of the technical teams.
It is a strategic and management position but you will not be detached from the code.
It is expected that 50% of your time will be dedicated to technical tasks (like software design, code review), while the other 50% will be dedicated to strategic, coordination and leading tasks.
You will help us improve our product development lifecycle, taking our product quality to the next level.
To do this, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate our Software Engineering teams.
- Stay updated and explore new technologies useful to improve our product.
- Keep our software solutions aligned with the company’s goals and values.
- Remove blockers from your colleagues’ workflows.
What will you get in return?
- Results-oriented working style.
- Worldwide 100% remote team.
- Flexible schedule.
- Collaborative and tribal working environment – We are remote but united!
- Possibility to invest 10% of your time in learning and professional development.